Sunday, October 10, 2010

Happy Birthday, Kenzo!

 I'm so glad that the Cherry Blossom Girl posted some first hand shots of the incredible 40th Anniversary finale presentation at Kenzo. It was almost impossible to find good photos on line, and what the creative team did, using pieces from the archives to build intricately layered sculptures of clothing, was really cool. I love how doll-like and composed the models look here, like illustrations from a Russian fairy tale.






I was not particularly thrilled with the spring collection (you can see one of the models above, crossing in front of the archival tableaux), especially after fall's smoky seventies-tinged bohemian extravagance, but I think that's more a matter of personal preference. I love that the label is 40 years old, and still turning out beautiful, expressive, intellectual clothing and innovative styling.

No comments:

Post a Comment