Monday, June 13, 2011

Guess what guys?

I'm gonna do the 30 for 30 again! Yay! But not this week. I have a reunion to get through, my bff is in town, and my housewarming is on Saturday (In the area? Want to come say hi? Email me for an invite!). All of these things are wonderful, but a little overwhelming all at once. I learned some very valuable lessons the last time I participated in the 30 for 30, which I have since applied to my wardrobe, so I'm pretty excited to see what comes out of this one...

In other news, my dad fell and broke his leg. Poor man. Not only is he my dad, he's also the gardener and handyman for the museum. So I've got my hands full!

Trying not to freak out.

But really looking forward to having my house DONE. Well. Its never really done, is it? But you know what I mean. Painted. Clean. Decorated. Organized. Liveable. So that I can simply come home and sit and read, or stare at the ceiling, or maybe blog.

Anyway.

Here are some amazing spaces that have inspired my home makeover...














While I can't run out and buy sexy midcentury marble tables or Louis XVI chaise lounges or zebra rugs, I think I've managed to infuse a little of the glamour of these spaces through the use of saturated color, quirky accessories, and family heirlooms. I'll let you be the judge soon...

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your dad - how in the world did he break his leg? I hope he's okay.

    In happier news, I would love to come to your housewarming party! Unless you were kidding. In which case my email was totally kidding too. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can hardly wait to see the results of your redecoration. Sorry to hear about your dad...hope it heals well

    Thumbs up on doing the summer remix.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you can't buy zebra rugs? there is no "can't do" with ebay around! ;-)) I am looking forward to seeing you newest renovations!
    best wishes to your dad, hope he feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those interiors are so inspiring ;-)

    http://www.snowblackblog.com/

    ReplyDelete